Monday, October 20, 2008

Big Loss


It's time to document some serious weight loss on Harry's part.  I've managed to shed a few pounds, but Harry's downturn has been remarkable.  Thanks to daughter, Amy, we were introduced to the "Eat to Live" diet (or as everyone calls their current diet - our lifestyle change) based on the book by the same name by Joel Fuhrman.  We did learn that we can go off the diet now and then and not suffer drastic weight gain if we maintain the diet most of the time.  We had hot dogs (turkey) and s'mores with the grandkids Friday night and no significant weight gain.  In fact, Harry hit his all-time low at weigh-in this morning.  I don't think he'd mind my telling statistics for him.  He started at 260 on July 12 when he began living the "green life".  His cholesterol was high.  He weighed in at 212 this morning and after less than a month on the diet, his cholesterol was all within normal or good ranges.  

Amy gave us a 1-page Do's & Don'ts and we've followed that pretty much, though we bought the book and have gotten some guidance from it.   Her 1-pager is shown at the right.

Here are the before and after pictures:

Today and May 2008 - New goal...  200!





3 comments:

Deb said...

WOW!!! I thought he looked slimmer in those bee pictures but wasn't sure...heck I don't even know when those pictures were taken....but all I can say is WOW!!! Good job to both of you. Maybe I can introduce that to Lee.

Dewey and Susan said...

Congratulations, Har-Bearette

I was doing well over the summer, but the fall rush has seen backsliding. Maybe I should write a book, "Live to Eat."

Dewey

HO IV and crew said...

Wow - good job! Losing weight is never easy, but sounds like you're doing it the right way. I'm sure it feels great.